THE GARDEN IN SEPTEMBER - SIX ON SATURDAY
Welcome to this week's round up of what's happening in the garden. The Six on Saturday theme is kindly hosted by the Propagator where gardening enthusiasts share six things from their garden.
1. Dahlia Garden Wonder. It's big, bright and blousy and brings a smile to my face.
2. The Long Border. This is based on the one in Gertrude Jekyll's own garden at Munstead Wood and is designed to look at its best this time of year . The Dahlia's are in full swing and the Rudbekias are still flowering away.
3. In the Rose Garden, Rosa Margaret Merril, whose flowers vary between white and very pale pink, is the main star.
4. This lone Yellow Pepper is the only fruit produced by this pepper plant. You do wonder if it's worth all the trouble.
5. Also in the green house the tomatoes are doing great though. After an initial ropey start where they were suffering from blossom end rot, a change of compost and watering regime seems to have made them healthier. This variety is Roma.